NOTICE: We are now slowly starting to conduct some outdoor in-person activities. In-person activities may be cancelled on short notice and converted to online activities if the Older Adult Services Program Team finds it necessary to keep everyone safe. This is determined by best practices for COVID-19 precautions and safety. We also continue to provide supportive services remotely.
We are still here for you, so please reach out! You are not alone in this. We need each other now more than ever.
Senior Services Phone Hours:
Monday 9:00am – 5:00pm
Tuesday 9:00am – 5:00pm
Wednesday 9:00am – 5:00pm
Thursday 9:00am – 5:00pm
Friday 9:00am – 5:00pm
NOTE: Older Adult Services may be busy with programming or answering other calls. Please leave a detailed voicemail stating your name, the purpose of your call, your phone number, and a good time to reach you and we will return your call as soon as possible.
Let us know what questions you have and what you would like to see from us in terms of online activities, resources, and more!
Let us know what questions you have and what you would like to see from us in terms of online activities, resources, and more! We are sharing resources and events daily covering ways to beat feelings of isolation, ideas on how to stay active and engaged, and more and more ways to connect and stay connected.
How to connect with us:
- Following our Facebook Page.
- Contacting the Older Adult Services Program Manager, Valentina, at [email protected]
- Call us at (562) 434-4455 ext. 239
- All Older Adult Program staff are mandated reporters, meaning if you say anything about hurting yourself, someone else, and/or someone is hurting you, we are legally required to report that information
- Check out our calendar and events! Stay up to date by accessing our Older Adult Program monthly calendar (below).
Older Adult Program Calendar
Stay safe, healthy, move around, connect, practice social distancing, and don’t forget to wash your hands!
Valentina | Older Adult Services Program Manager│ The LGBTQ Center Long Beach
Email: [email protected]
Phone: (562) 434-4455 ext. 239
* Please leave a voicemail with the reason you are calling and a callback number. Due to high volume of calls, please expect to hear back within 2-3 business days. Thank you!
Virtual Meeting Information
We meet using an application called RingCentral Meetings. The links to download the application are below. If you face any trouble, contact the Older Adult Services Manager for support.
Apple App Store (iPhone and iPad): https://apps.apple.com/us/app/ringcentral-meetings/id688920955
Google Play Store (tablet and android phone): https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ringcentral.meetings
Laptop or Desktop Computer: https://www.ringcentral.com/apps/rc-meetings
HOW TO VIDEOS
- How to sign up for events: https://youtu.be/708mlhnSAzw
- How to use confirmation emails: https://youtu.be/jq0zCCY3rIo